To our valued clients,
We hope you’re keeping well during these current events. We would just like to update you on changes to our current work practices during these times which will be in effect until further notice.
Due to the nature of our work, we work in close contact with people and their homes and possessions, so we would love work in conjunction with you, to enable us to carry out your service in the most safe way possible for everyone.
Please also note that I have completed the online course from the Australian Government, Department of Health pertaining to Infection Control Training – COVID-19.
In order to limit the spread of COVID-19, here at [Instinct Pest Management], we are implementing the following:
- Refraining from shaking hands or greetings of a close physical nature
- Wearing disposable gloves for the duration of the service
- Wearing additional disposable PPE where possible (many of our suppliers are out of stock, but we’re trying!)
- Maintaining 2m personal distance where possible
- Increasing our equipment cleaning schedule and using surface disinfectants where possible/practical
- Limiting the items we come into contact with in a customer’s home (although there’s many!)
- Ensuring the bare minimum people are in the house at time of service. Children and elderly people to at least remain outside during any service visits. We will speak to you about this at time of booking or upon arrival depending on the service
- Allowing extra time on our schedule to talk you through anything we need you to do on arrival
- Not accepting any drinks, food or offers to sit down at customer’s homes – please don’t think us ungrateful for this offer, but thank you anyway!
If we could ask the following things of our valued clients, they would be most appreciated, in order to work together to protect everyone:
- Please put AC and fans on prior to arrival, to avoid unnecessary sweat and hand to face contact
- Disinfect all door handles, cupboard door/drawer knobs prior to arrival
- Pay by direct deposit to limit contact between cash and hands or cards and devices
- Ensure all kid’s toys, pet toys, food/water bowls etc. are out of the way so we don’t need to touch them to move them. Ideally 1m away from internal walls, outdoor toys away from the building
- Be prepared to do a quick walk around with Andrew on arrival to make sure everything is good to go
- We thank you in advance for your understanding and full disclosure, if we need to reschedule because:
- You or any of your household contacts have returned from anywhere overseas or interstate in the past 14 days (14 Day reschedule)
- You or anyone in your household are displaying cold or flu like symptoms (14 Day reschedule)
- You or anyone in your household are under self-isolation for suspected coronavirus (28 day reschedule)
- You are a close contact of anyone who has been confirmed to have coronavirus (28 day reschedule)
By adhering to these simple procedures, we’re proactively keep your family, our family and the greater community as safe as possible while still carrying on with day to day functions and tasks.
We sincerely thank you for your understanding and efforts to help [Darwin] remain the best place to be.
Should you have any further questions or queries regarding these procedures, please do not hesitate to get in contact with me via phone or email.
We will continue to work where possible and until such times as we are asked to go into lock down. Pests don’t stop, so neither do we (at the moment!)
Many thanks to Andrew Critchley from Instinct Pest Management for his contribution of this letter template.
Got something to contribute? Email Brad at firstname.lastname@example.org