The Australian Government has implemented Stage 2 restrictions. Some states and/or territories are implementing their own measures so do check with your relevant state health authority for announcements.
Currently there are no announced restrictions that directly affect the continuance of Pest Management Work.As at 25/03/2020
The Prime Minister is quoted as saying ” “Everyone who has a job in this economy is an essential worker.” so this may offer some guidance as to the current government position on our work. (press conference 24/03/2020)
We’re allowed BUT SHOULD I work?
YOU and YOUR CLIENT are the only two parties to this decision.
You should consider the health and safety of your clients and staff (or self if a sole trader) The below resource will also help you.
RESOURCE: A very well developed resource ‘thought process tree’ from the BPCA has been slightly modified to assist Pesties and is available here
On 24 March 2020 the Prime Minister announced measures restricting trade for the following:
- food courts (except for take away)
- auction houses, real estate auctions and open houses
- personal services ( beauty, nail, tanning, waxing and tattoo salons)
- Spa and massage parlours, excluding health related services such as physiotherapy
- amusement parks, arcades and play centres (indoor and outdoor)
- Strip clubs, brothels and sex on premises venues.
- galleries, national institutions, historic sites and museums
- Health clubs, fitness centres, yoga, barre and spin facilities, saunas, bathhouses and wellness centres and swimming pools
- community facilities such as community halls, libraries and youth centres, RSL and PCYC
- Gaming and gambling venues
- Indoor and outdoor markets (excluding food markets). States and territories will make their own announcements about this.
This is on top of previous restrictions which included:
- pubs, registered and licensed clubs (excluding bottle shops attached to these venues), hotels (excluding accommodation)
- gyms and indoor sporting venues
- cinemas, entertainment venues, casinos and night clubs
- restaurants and cafes will be restricted to takeaway and/or home delivery
- religious gatherings, places of worship or funerals (in enclosed spaces and other than very small groups and where the 1 person per 4 square metre rule applies)
Victoria and New South Wales premiers have indicated they are going to make further changes independent to the federal government response. We will aim to keep you updated if there are any significant impacts on your ability to continue to work from any state or territory.
DISCLAIMER: In particular related to government policy, changes are rapid so you should consider the most current government advice around social contact, lock downs and the legal ability to continue working. We cannot be sure we’ll update this page as quickly as decisions are made.